One Good Thing…
It’s time for the weekly post of a feature I’ve chosen to title “One Good Thing.” Each weekend, I’ll post something about what has been good to—or for—me during the week.
I read a post recently that dealt with some people who find it hard to write/post when they have other important stuff on their minds. I suppose this past week could be considered that very type for me, friends.
Without going into too much detail here, suffice it to say that I’ve had a lot on my plate here as of late. Nothing critical at this point, mind you, but enough to take my mind’s focus away from the flow of being able to write—anything!
I’ve never been one who can “slog on” when something important is staring me in the face, and I truly admire all of those folks who seem to be able to do so. Carolyn is like that, for whatever reason.
Not me! Instead, it eats away at me to the point of raising my blood pressure and adding to my discomfort level exponentially.
That’s just the way I am! But enough of that, already. My mind is clear now, and my concerns are quelled, so it’s onward and upward!
Good things from this week:
- I added several new books to my “Soon-to-be-read” shelves. They are The Aviators by Winston Groom; Betrayal, by Charles Fountain; and American Gospel, by Jon Meecham. The first two are ones I purchased for my own enjoyment, and the third one is for our next Men’s book club in May. Can’t wait to get started on them!
- We had a nice Easter afternoon with our son’s wife’s family and our grandsons, although I came down with a nasty head cold. (Love all the watery eyes and constant sneezing!) All better now.
- I received my $130 check for serving as an election judge a few weeks ago. As wild and crazy as the whole day and late and rainy night turned out to be, I figured they might fail to pay us. How wrong I was!
- I spent some time—although briefly—with the grandsons after picking them up from school Thursday. What is it about the more they grow older, we grandparents fade from the realm of importance? Wasn’t it just a few years ago that we were pretty much “up there” on a pedestal of importance? Go figure…
- All of our lawn equipment for the spring and summer are ready and functioning well after the season’s first use (see previous post).
I’m sure there are many more “good things” from this week, but these few are definitely at the top of my list. I hope your week has been good, for whatever reasons, and the week ahead will be good to you as well!