Monday has rolled around once more, ushering in another week of opportunity to get things done. As such, today’s post will be a checklist of five things I want/need to accomplish by the close of “business” on Friday.
The items on the list are not arranged in any particular order, so I can pick and choose at my discretion as to when I want to get them done—Before Friday evening.
- My novel, Birchwood’s Secret, still has “miles to go before it sleeps” (thanks, Robert Frost!) and patiently awaits my attention. A couple hours each morning would be a good step in getting it finished—sooner than later.
- Write my post for my blog’s weekly feature, One Good Thing. This has been rather easy for the first two installments, since there is always something good in my life to share, and I’m sure this week will be no different.
- Read the newest posts on the blogs I follow and comment appropriately. After all, I enjoy it when my own followers “like” and comment on my posts. If nothing else, it lets me know that I’ve reached some living, breathing person “out there!” But, seriously, I really do appreciate the words left by readers.
- Increase my daily twenty-minute walks on the treadmill to at least thirty minutes. Of course, if our current mild weather continues, I can take it to the streets where I’d much rather spend the time walking. However, walking on the treadmill allows me the opportunity to watch American Pickers, Moonshiners, or a TCM movie I’ve recorded.
- Clean up the litter that has accumulated along the back wooded area between our property and the farm field beyond. I have to do this several times during the year, particularly after the winds have blown the stuff our way. It gets caught up in the tall weeds and becomes rather unsightly. When we have snow, it’s all buried and out of sight. Looking out there as I write this, there is no snow, and it’s pretty ugly! (I think this may be the first item on this checklist I’ll take on!)
And that’s my list of five things I want to work on and get done this week. I know that my life will not be limited to just these five things, and I’m certain that I’ll be building my week around them.
Now, without further ado, I suppose I’d better put on a coat, grab the trash bag, and make my way out back and collect the debris. What a way to start the week!
9 thoughts on “Checking out the week ahead…”
We just got snow today. My first thought was to grumble, but I made myself stop. Given it’s February 2nd and it’s only really our second snowfall, I figured I didn’t have the right to complain. 😉
I know, Carrie. We’ve really become spoiled this winter. It’s supposed to be a high of 15° tomorrow, but otherwise clear. I can live with that…as if I have a choice! 🙂
Our snow from this morning already melted. Hehe. Mother Nature is being kind to us, I guess.
I’m curious, have you ever found anything interesting while picking up the debris, like a random note or something? 🙂
We’ve got a cold air mass moving in…uncool. Jury Duty is on my list this week.
What a great question, Jill! You have inspired a future blog post. Stay tuned. But for now, I’ll just say that there have been no “random notes” or treasure maps. And aren’t you the lucky one to be Jury Duty bound! I got summoned twice within a two-year period and “selected” both times. I’ll be eager to hear how your experience turns out. My advice: take a book. 🙂
Walking outside is so much better than being on a treadmill for me. Even in a blizzard. I do at the gym, use the elliptical trainer twice a week. I put on headsets with music to block out the TV’s that are blasting in the gym.
capejohn, I often listen to music on the iPod while treadmilling my way to better health as well. I’m looking forward to the days ahead when I can avoid the treadmill and, instead, head out in the morning air and enjoy the sights and sounds of my little town waking up for another day! 🙂
Number one has to be go to work for me although I’d happily see it at number five or lower! Your post got me thinking and in the work week not much figures,I make up for it at weekends.
Love those weekends!😊